We have a fully qualified professional sports massage therapist in house who can be booked for Knoydart House Studio Room guests exclusively. She brings her own massage table to the house and offers a one hour Deep Tissue, Swedish or relaxing aromatherapy massage to guests.
Please note massages require to be booked with a little notice preferably prior to arrival as the therapist has her own sports massage clinic diary based in Mallaig. There is a minimum requirement of 2 x 1hr appointments to book her service. Rates are £50 per hour.
Please email our masseuse to request massages for your stay.
Spoil Yourself… Seafood in house option available to guests at Knoydart House Studio Room.
Fresh Loch Nevis, langoustines, locally grown mussels, crab and other fruits de mer from our own loch are freshly prepared as sesfood platter for 2 and can be delivered direct to your door. Please advise in advance of arrival if this is something you would like to book and we can put you in direct contact with the seafood caterer.
Fresh Artisan Breads… delivered to Knoydart House.
Fancy some fresh artisan breads, pain au chocolat, brioche, vintage loafs and fresh crosissants can be pre-ordered direct from The Bakehouse in Mallaig and delivered to Inverie every 10.30am sailing Wednesday and 12.30pm sailing Saturday. Please place orders by 6pm Mon for Wed delivery or 6pm Thurs for Saturday delivery tel 07508715041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dining out options
For such a small community, Knoydart has a surprisingly fresh and vibrant culinary culture and dining out gives guests to this remote Scottish Penininsula the best chance to experience our local larders from the hill and the loch. From fresh creel caught langoustines and hand dived scallops, homegrown vegetarian options to local estate venison and fresh produce from our organic hill farm, there’s something for everyone.
- Doune Award Winning Dining Room – seasonal restaurant on a magical coastline at Doune, not to be missed (open April to October). One sitting, all freshly prepared delicious homegrown and organic home cooking for a three course menu £35pp booking in advance esssential. Doune is 7 miles walk from Knoydart Village but taxi collection can be booked and arranged from Knoydart Hide to take you to the top of the road. From there it is a 15 minute walk down to the remote lochside dining room, sensible footwear required. A culinary adventure and gorgeous dinner date location! Please let us know if you require transport at time of booking. Telephone 01687 462667
- The Knoydart Tearoom and Pottery During the day, the Tearoom serves homemade soups, sandwiches and cakes, plus drinks, including officially the best hot chocolate! The tearoom is open all year round and also opens for evening meals on Saturday nights from November . In addition to the delicious food, freshly made daily, the Pottery sells (as the name suggests!) gorgeous pottery, hand made jewellery and a great selection of books on Scottish Interest. Local sisters, Isla and Rhona Miller, serve everything with an infectious smile and a winning sense of humour, that in itself will have you visiting again and again! For further information, telephone 01687 460191.
- The Look Out is a new offering on Knoydart open for evening meals nightly, steaks, venison, vegetarian, local lamb etc. Advance booking essential Tel 01687 460051.
Fresh Loch Nevis Seafood Platters for 2 Fresh local Loch Nevis creel caught langoustines and other local shellfish and seafood in a sharing platter for a minimum of two guests can be pre-ordered in advance of arrival and delivered to Knoydart House for a seafood experience in-house. Please note that this requires to be pre-booked and depends on daily catch and availability of seafood. If you would like to experience the seafood platter please email well in advance of arrival to discuss your requirements direct. Email to discus your requirements, thank you.
- Kilchoan Farm Shop There is a small farm shop at Kilchoan that operates on an honesty box basis. You can pick up any additional supplies eg. frozen milk, bacon, breakfast packs, cheeses, confectionary and essentials. They sometimes have eggs available when hens are laying.
- Knoydart Community Shop & Off License. You can pre-order Venison, wines, beers & spirits in advance of your stay for collection on arrival. Telephone 01687 462242