We have a fully qualified professional sports massage therapist in house who can be booked for Knoydart House Studio Room guests exclusively. She brings her own massage table to the house and offers a one hour Deep Tissue, Swedish or relaxing aromatherapy massage to guests.
Please note massages require to be booked with a little notice preferably prior to arrival as the therapist has her own sports massage clinic diary based in Mallaig. There is a minimum requirement of 2 x 1hr appointments to book her service. Rates are £60 per hour.
Please email our masseuse to request massages for your stay.
Spoil Yourself… Seafood in house option available to guests at Knoydart House Studio Room.
Fresh Loch Nevis, langoustines, locally grown mussels, crab and other fruits de mer from our own loch are freshly prepared as seafood platter for 2 and can be delivered direct to your door. Please advise in advance of arrival if this is something you would like to book and we can put you in direct contact with the seafood caterer.
Dining out options
For such a small community, Knoydart has a surprisingly fresh and vibrant culinary culture and dining out gives guests to this remote Scottish Penininsula the best chance to experience our local larders from the hill and the loch. From fresh creel caught langoustines and hand dived scallops, homegrown vegetarian options to local estate venison and fresh produce from our organic hill farm, there’s something for everyone
- Fresh Loch Nevis Seafood Platters for 2 Fresh local Loch Nevis creel caught langoustines and other local shellfish and seafood in a sharing platter for a minimum of two guests can be pre-ordered in advance of arrival and delivered to Knoydart House for a seafood experience in-house. Please note that this requires to be pre-booked and depends on daily catch and availability of seafood. If you would like to experience the seafood platter please email well in advance of arrival to discuss your requirements direct. Email to discus your requirements, thank you.
- The Knoydart Tearoom and Pottery During the day, the Tearoom serves homemade soups, sandwiches and cakes, plus drinks, including officially the best hot chocolate! The tearoom is open Mon-Fri (5 days a week in summer and 3 days a week in winter. In addition to the delicious food, freshly made daily, the Pottery sells (as the name suggests!) gorgeous pottery and hand made jewellery. Local sisters, Isla and Rhona Miller, serve everything with an infectious smile and a winning sense of humour, that in itself will have you visiting again and again! For further information, telephone 01687 460191.
- In house caterer – why not order a two or three course fixed meal for two to be delivered to the Studio Room on request. We can put you in touch with a local caterer where you can pre-book from a prearranged select menu ready to pop in the oven on arrival or during your stay.
- The Old Forge – Our community owned pub offers evening meals and lunches prebooking in advance of arrival is advisable as they do get quite busy email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knoydart Brewery you can pre-order beer so its ready and awaiting your arrival in Knoydart Hide.Guests can pre-order any desired beer via their email address: email@example.com or phone on 01687462372. They will deliver beer to accommodation, before guests arrival or while they are here.They are able to send a link via email to make card payments. Their range of craft beers can be found on their website www.knoydartbrewery.co.uk and also include three Special Editions brewed during lockdown.
- Knoydart Community Gift Shop & Off License. You can pre-order Venison, wines, beers & spirits in advance of your stay for collection on arrival. There is a good selection of dry goods, frozen estate venison and more available also, stock does change dependent on deliveries. Please do bring all your own shopping with you as supply cannot be guaranteed – you can also pick up any last minute bits and bobs but always best to give them a ring first to check won what they have. Telephone 01687 462242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org