Spoil Yourself… real food catering option available to guests at Knoydart House.
“Knoydart Kitchen” and new venture “Knoydart Snack Company” offers a range of locally grown, locally caught, home cooked fresh food,including hill venison, hand dived shellfish and seafood platters cooked for you which can be pre-ordered and brought to the house. Options range from a cook’s night off, full 3 course dinner, pre-prepared and portioned dishes to cook yourself or fully catered days. Fully flexible breakfasts, dinner parties, wedding receptions, seafood buffets and banquets – they are here to spoil you. Menus available on request, advance booking required.
Fresh Artisan Breads… delivered to Knoydart House.
Fancy some fresh artisan breads, pain au chocolat, brioche, vintage loafs and fresh crosissants can be pre-ordered direct from The Bakehouse in Mallaig and delivered to Inverie every 10.30am sailing Wednesday and 12.30pm sailing Saturday. Please place orders by 6pm Mon for Wed delivery or 6pm Thurs for Saturday delivery tel 07508715041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dining out options
- The Knoydart Tearoom and Pottery During the day, the Tearoom serves homemade soups, sandwiches and cakes, plus drinks, including officially the best hot chocolate! The tearoom is open all year round and also opens for evening meals on Saturday nights from November . In addition to the delicious food, freshly made daily, the Pottery sells (as the name suggests!) gorgeous pottery, hand made jewellery and a great selection of books on Scottish Interest. Local sisters, Isla and Rhona Miller, serve everything with an infectious smile and a winning sense of humour, that in itself will have you visiting again and again! For further information, telephone 01687 460191.
- Our local guest house runs as a “pop up” restaurant in the quieter months Nov through to January (excl Christmas and New Year) and offers delicious seafood, homemade puddings and other delicious offerings for guests at Knoydart Hide by reservation. Advance booking essential. Please email us for details.
- Galley on the Hill a new dining destination for Knoydart breakfast rolls, poughmans lunches and homemade soups and delicious baking during the day with ”pop up” dining offering for groups of 6 or more by request in the evenings. Penny & Jamie Robinson. Penny is passionate about baking and offers a delightful coffee, cake and lunch spot in their house at Doune. Opening hours by arrangement – email telephone 01687 462917
- Road’s End Cafe Coffee, cake, lunches and evening meals (bookings required for evening meals please) Wed – Sunday’s served overlooking the quiet waters of Airor beach. An exciting new waterside cafe run by Veronika Telephone 07788671501 booking essential
- Doune Award Winning Dining Room – seasonal restaurant on a magical coastline at Doune, not to be missed (open April to October). One sitting, all freshly prepared delicious homegrown and organic homecooking for a three course menu £35pp booking in advance esssential. Doune is 7 miles walk from Knoydart Village but taxi collection can be booked and arranged from Knoydart Hide to take you to the top of the road. From there it is a 15 minute walk down to the remote lochside dining room, sensible footwear required. A culinary adventure and gorgeous dinner date location! Please let us know if you require transport at time of booking. Telephone 01687 462667